Today's episode of The Logistics Tribe is dedicated to the topic of MQTT. MQTT is a messaging protocol for the Internet of Things (IoT). If you work in logistics and supply chain management, you really need to get up to speed on this very important technology that is such a key enabler for connecting devices, vehicles, assets, sensors, etc.
Our guest Dominik Obermaier is a key expert in this field. He is CTO and co-founder at HiveMQ and also the co-author of the book “The Technical Foundations of IoT”.
Together with our host Marco Prüglmeier, Dominik discusses the following topics:
- The history of the MQTT protocol, dating back to 1999
- How and why MQTT has really gained recognition and traction in the last 10 years
- The analogies between http is for the internet of humans and MQTT for the internet of things
- Why MQTT is conquering the world of logistics already, without people even realizing it
- The challenges of connectivity that MQTT can address
- How MQTT makes data transfer as efficient as possible through so called publish/subscribe architecture
- How and why Dominik got interested in MQTT and how he built a company around it
- Why everybody driving a modern car is already using MQTT today
- MQTT as a key component of Industry 4.0, connected factories and connected cities
- MQTT in logistics: connecting devices, vehicles, assets, sensors, etc.
- How does the implementation of MQTT technology work and why it can be set up so quickly
- Some predictions for the future of the internet of things and for MQTT
- And much more
Please subscribe to The Logistics Tribe Podcast, so you don't miss any of the future episodes.
To connect with Dominik, visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dobermai/
To learn more about HiveMQ, visit: https://www.hivemq.com/
To connect with Boris Felgendreher, founder of the Logistics Tribe, visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/borisfelgendreher/
To connect with Marco Prüglmeier, host of the Logistics Tribe, visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/prueglmeier/